17 June 2012

Race Info

Here is a map to follow the road I took. I spent a week at Victor and Reyna's in Agua Prieta, at the US border. After a day long bus trip, I spent three days in Chihuahua where I was hosted by Enrique and Adria (that I will maybe see in Mexico City since they just moved there). Then I took the train to Los Mochis. But I stayed two days in Creel and two others in Urique, in the heart of the Barrancas del Cobre. For more details on this part, see also the previous article "The adventure starts now!".

From Los Mochis, I took the boat to La Paz, capital city of Baja California Sur. I spend a week at Carlos'. With friends of his, we even did a day trip to Los Cabos. Besides being the place for the on going G20 Summit, it is an amazing desert city on the coast, where the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of California meet. I also crossed the Tropic of Cancer. Technically, from Mazatlán (where I'll arrive this week) I'll start the tropical part of my trip.

Agua Prieta - Chihuahua : 545 km (340 mi)
Chihuahua - Los Mochis : 655 km (405 mi)
Los Mochis - La Paz : 210 km (130 mi)
Roundtrip to Los Cabos : 320 km (200 mi)
La Paz - Mazatlán 455 km (280 mi)

No comments:

Post a Comment