7 July 2012

From Mazatlán to Querétaro

Thank you for being patient. Here are pictures of the last places I visited since I returned to the "mainland" after Baja California. Well, I must also say that I met Karine, one of my best friends who came from France to visit me for three weeks, and my program is slightly accelerated since.

So here are pictures from...
  • Mazatlán (with Abel, José Luis, Alberto and Hiram), a charming little seaside town with colonial architecture.
  • Guadalajara (with Cris, Mauricio, Celia, Anais and others), its historical center declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO and the country's second largest city.
  • Tequila, its agave fields that enable the production of the famous liquor which we tasted with such moderation.
  • Tlaquepaque, a suburb of Guadalajara, a former village which soon found itself absorbed in the metropolis but has kept its character.
  • Chapala (with Cris and Celia), the lake of the same name, the largest natural lake in Mexico.
  • Guanajuato, a mining town (mainly silver) its parks, its covered market, its tunnels and its narrow streets. Also classified as World Heritage.
  • Querétaro (with Béatrice, Noé and Ivo), last step before Mexico City. Also on the World Heritage List, it offered us a different facet of a colonial city.


No comments:

Post a Comment