3 March 2013

Buenos Aires

To be honest, I've been stuck on writing this 100th blog-post for two weeks now. I don't have all the pictures I wanted to take for various reasons. And I don't want you to overwhelm you with all kinds of explanations in the city.

So let's do simple, just some pictures. You'll see mainly the popular neighborhood of La Boca, where Italians started to migrate, very colorful: once boats were completely painted, they were happily doing the same on their house with the left-over pots of paint. For soccer fans, Diego Maradona originally from Buenos Aires played a season in the club Boca Juniors. Finally, Buenos Aires is where we traveled directly to Bariloche, the gateway to Patagonia!

Buenos Aires will remain for me a city with very European architecture as I had not seen since the beginning of my journey. It will remain as the city where I welcomed my friends Aïssata and Jacky from France and spend a fortnight with them, and the city where I said goodbye to two of my greatest traveling buddies: Kati is heading North to Brazil where she will fly to Galway, Ireland (via New York) and Henning ends her stay in South America before returning to Cologne, Germany. It was a real pleasure to meet them (in the Costa Rican mountains for the first, in a bus to Cuenca, Ecuador for the other) and travel that much with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment