6 April 2012

Race Info

Day 75 – Kilometre 7,945 / Mile 4,937

Here I am, a couple of miles from California. Brookings is the last town on the Southern part of the Oregon coast. Tomorrow, I'll leave behind this State that I so much appreciated, both for its wonderful wilderness and the quality of people I met. Very soon, details on that with pictures.

As for today, here is a map. When I prepared my trip, I first thought about crossing Montana from the Canadian border, visiting Yellowstone National Park, following the Rockies until Salt Lake City, and eventually cutting through to reach San Francisco (in blue on the map).

But I changed my mind. Not that I was completely enough of mountains, but I have to admit I like my liberty and to have more options in front of me. But I also knew that Portland, Oregon, and the Pacific coast would amaze me. Instead of choosing between Rockies and Pacific, I chose both! From Montana, in front of Yellowstone which was closed, I went Westward to Portland, then followed the coast Southward until I arrive in San Francisco (in orange on the map).

This option doesn't make that much of difference in terms of distance. And then, after San Francisco? Don't be impatient. I have an idea, which needs to be refined. But please give me tips by commenting on this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment