28 April 2012

Race Info

Day 97 – Kilometre 10,030 (Mile 6,232)

Done! 10,000 kilometres covered (6,214 miles). I crossed this symbolic line not very far from Las Vegas, in the heart of Mojave desert. After 240 hours spent in train, ferry, bus, on foot, hitch-hiking (including waiting time), I have an average speed of 41 km/h, meaning 25 mph.


I spent 10 days in San Francisco. The first 5 days I essentially rested at Laurence and Chris', and their two daughters Victoria and Aldora. A Frenchy and friendly atmosphere to reload my batteries. The next 5 days, I stayed at Jeremy's (greatest cook ever!) with two Danish co-travellers. We explored the city from A to Z. I guess I'd quicker list the places we didn't go to.

Then I spent two days in Yosemite National Park. The rain didn't allow me to stay more. But the place is spectacular. I hope the pictures can show that.

Distance: 1,250 km (775 miles)

I continued eastward. Hitch-hiking didn't work that well in South California. I had to take the bus to reach Las Vegas. I'm not that much a gambler, but it should be an interesting place to see. And anyway, it is the gateway to Grand Canyon. I'll stay at Marco and Sally's, a lovely Franco-American couple, friends of friends of Mike and Eve's (who hosted me on the coast couple of weeks ago).

I left home more than three months ago. And I recently realised that what I missed the most was my pair of jeans. I know, it might sound a bit superficial... I keep wearing (and washing obviously!) the same clothes. Due to equipment constraints, my stylish self is far away! I couldn't stand it anymore. Thanks Mum and Laurence who made their most to send my pair of jeans and my red shirt to Las Vegas, via San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment