16 November 2012

From Cuenca to Cuzco

Day 300. Kilometre 34,780 (Mile 21,610). Latitude 13° 31' south.

Two weeks between Cuenca, Ecuador and Cuzco, Peru. Two weeks when the rhythm has increased. Two weeks during which I rode more than 3,400 km in bus. Two weeks during which I hiked a lot.

Distance between Cuenca and Cuzco : 3,400 km (2,110 mi)


On my way, I crossed the border with my friend Kati, who I've regularly met since Costa Rica. Then I also spent a lot of time with Henning and Paulo, two German. Among others, we hiked in Huascarán National Park. Wonderful trekking at more than 4,000 meters (13,000 ft) and a maximum at 4,750 m (15,580 ft). Technically accessible even if altitude makes it more challenging! Some pictures here.





Then, very short visit of Lima, between two night buses. I tend to avoid major cities in this moment, prefering hiking in the wild. On the bus from Lima to Cuzco, I met Nicolás, from Colombia, y Olivier y Magalie, a French couple from Normandy. Now that I arrived in Cuzco, I'll go for a 5-day hike with Henning and Antoine (a French guy I met in Costa Rica). And I'll finish with the visit of famous Machu Picchu.

No comments:

Post a Comment