3 January 2012

Click and clicks

End of January 2011. A discussion with a friend whose partner just came back from a Paris-Capetown bike trip (more than 12.400 miles throughout Africa). It suddenly clicked. En route! Several days after, I put some elements down in writing: the Pan-American Highway, more than a year on the road, topic of interaction between humans and nature. You know the rest.

End of December 2011. My flight is booked. The adventure will kick off on 23rd January 2012. My Mum was amazed by the fact that only a few clicks and you end up at another side of the Earth. I have mixed feelings, between excitement and apprehension. But my dream comes true.

In between, everything has to be planed and prepared. Presentation document. Patronage and sponsorship. Have my camera stollen. Buy a new camera. Equipments. Media partnership. Quit my job. Blog. Meetings with secondary schools. Vaccination. Leave my flat. Proxy for the coming French presidential election in May. List of contacts on the road. Fill in my bag. Buy a comprehensive insurance. Water my houseplant. Say good-bye.

"Are you ready?" is most redundant question I heard these last days and weeks. Almost, I would reply. Still couple a stuff to buy. And accommodation to find in Alaska!

Voilà! Before take off, I will post an article on the equipment I will carry with me during the fifteen coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment