23 January 2012

San Francisco in a nutshell

"You just landed in San Francisco. The temperature is 15°C and the weather is sunny..." Departed very early on Monday morning, I reach here my first step on my way to Alaska. All went smoothly, even the control at the boarder.

Our flight took what I considered as an unexpected route. It first heads for Shetland Islands. Then North of Iceland. We cross Greenland and hit Canada. Bypass the Hudson Bay by the North. Then Alberta. We enter in the US air space and cross the three costal States: Washington, Oregon and California.

As Galileo, I know that Earth is round, but still I have difficulties to think that direct routes go that much North. If anyone has an explanation for dummies, feel free to teach us in commenting this post!

Anyway, a surprising event happen during the day: the night. Indeed, as we fly above the Arctic Circle, the night falls, even during the day. We had the chance to have a wonderful sunset on Greenland.


No comments:

Post a Comment