19 December 2012

Info Race

Day 330. Kilometre 38,825 (Mile 24,125). Latitude 16° 22' South.

A summary of my itinerary since Cuzco, with a bit of anticipation also.

Distance between Cuzco and Uyuni : 4.615 km (2,670 mi)

Left from Cuzco, I went on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Puno and the floating islands were my last step in Peru. I crossed the border: welcome to Bolivia! Then I spent two days on Isla del Sol (Sun island) on the Bolivian side of the Lake.

Then I made La Paz a base camp for my climb of Huayna Potosi and my hike in the Cordillera Apolobamba. Sucre, the “white city” and capital of the country, was the next step. Then I hit the road to reach Santa Cruz from where I am going to spend a week visiting the Jesuit Missions (I am there at present).

Back in Santa Cruz, I'll meet Falko, a German friend who comes spend the end of year in the region. We'll go to the mining city of Potosi, then Uyuni and its famous salar (salt flat), and then the wonderful region of South Lipez. After all that it will be high time to reach Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment