12 March 2012

Lethbridge

I spent a wonderful week in Calgary with Nicki and her son Sam. I also hiked with Jeremy and Eve, including a wonderful day trip to Banff National Park.

Lethbridge and its surroundings looks like the moon. The scenery is rather flat with river valleys. There are no trees and it's pretty dry. 17% of humidity today when it is around 80-90% in Europe normally.

At the beginning, Lethbridge should have been a stop overnight before crossing the US border the day after. Eventually, Danielle and Garrett offered me to stay two nights. And even a third one when I showed interest in their job.

Indeed, they are working in a wind farm. So they offered me to come and see the wind turbines, located in Pincher Creek, an hour away from Lethbridge. Departing home at 7am, we had the chance to see the sunrise over the Rockies. That was a nice way to celebrate my last Canadian step. Thanks guys!

Tomorrow, I am heading South. My goal is to hitch-hike over the border. I can't pass it as a pedestrian. It might be tough but I should be in Great Falls, Montana (USA) tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment